This course has been designed and developed specifically for SilverBridge personnel who will be responsible for new client implementations and support of their solutions and that are required to:
- Configure Exergy according to business requirements
- Responsible as a line of support from start of a project, through implementation and onward
This course forms the foundation and build-up for both the Level Two and Level Three RulesGuru Training courses. It is therefore recommended be completed first and IS a pre-requisite for commencement of anyone of the fore mentioned courses.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Successfully install the RulesGuru tool
- Understand the basic concepts of the tool
- Understand the functionality available in the tool that will be required to successfully configure the standard Exergy to a custom solution for your client
- Successfully copy a standard product and contract
- Perform configuration changes without amendments to existing method structures
- Successfully configure basic default, validation and calculation rules
- Be able to successfully script configuration changes using the tools provided for this purpose
- Understand how to effectively use rate tables when changing items like the existing rate table or a list
You will need the following in support of the training material:
- Exergy software application and the RulesGuru Independent Tool
- You will need a local instance of Exergy
- Download the corresponding database and ‘Bin’ folder
- Install Exergy locally
- Visual Studio 2012 – Any version of Visual Studio can be used, except for Visual Studio Express as this does not provide the required debugging capabilities. This must be installed on your PC
- Shared code of Exergy
- Arrange for RulesGuru access credentials
- The structure of this course will require that you view the video/s for each lesson of the course. The video/s will explain the detail of the lesson and can be viewed as many times as needed. Once you are comfortable that the subject is understood, proceed with the completion of the series of the exercises listed in each lesson.
- After completing the exercises the output must be verified by means of ‘Unit testing’ in Exergy.